Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Patch, Dress Up and Halloween at work

Last Saturday Monica and I were going to meet some friends at the pumpkin patch for some fall fun. Unfortunately due to miscommunication we ended up at different pumpkin patches. So with Carter in the snugly (which he was way too big for) and holding Monica's hand, the kiddos and I decided to stay and have some fun by ourselves. Monica wanted to do the corn maze first. However once we got in, we both really wanted to get out. It was not difficult. Then we decided to find our perfect pumpkins! We searched and searched until we find the perfect 2. Lucky me I got to hold a pumpkin in each hand and carter hanging off my front through the pumpkin fields and back to the barn. After we paid for our pumpkin, the kid's maze caught Monica's eyes and she went through it over and over again. I think it had the reverse effect as a rat in a maze because the more she went through, the more confused she got. After the pumpkin patch we met up with the Mason's for some pizza. It was a fun day!







Later that same night, Monica and I played and played. We had tea parties and played princesses. I played a dad and she was the mom. We rode bike around the apartment and were fishes too. She still asks for me to dress up with her every chance she gets. I love to take opportunities to play with her when I get the chance. Sometimes I get to busy and wrapped up in the everyday that I neglect to focus on what she may want to do.







On Friday Gold's had a parent's night out where we got to dress up. I decided to dress up just an hour before work so I was a little short on options. However, the typical 80's garb is always a great fallback! I got a few confused looks however. Unfortunately for me, the 80's look is back in style and I think people had a hard time figuring out if I was in costume or in my typical Friday night attire. So sad!

No comments: