Friday, May 1, 2009

Give-it-up for 30 days: Refined Sugar


A recent episode of Oprah featuring guest host Jenny McCarthy has sparked my interest to give something up for thirty days. Miss McCarthy is creating her own give-it-up blog and so I have decided to adopt the idea. Like her I will be giving up refined sugar for 30 days. Starting tomorrow, May 2nd, and ending June 1st. I have many worries and doubts as to how this will go. At first thought I cant even think of any without sugar however it has got to be possible.... right? I will keep a constant blog throughout the month keeping you all updated on my struggles and progress. I am not only eager to see physical changes but mental and emotional ones as well. My prediction is it will be hard for the first few weeks, almost like detoxing from an addiction, however I hope to feel rejuvenated by the end of the month. My current mood: apprehensive.

2 comments:

Ivy said...

I have tried that, I got the shakes at like a week but I was fine, the weird thing was, when I had sugar after that, it tasted WAY too sweet! Just a hint, fresh pineapple is an awesome substitute when you are having withdrawls!

My Year Without said...

Good for you for giving up sugar!! It is one of the most difficult things for people to give up...so they don't!

I made a 2008 New Year's resolution to give up sugar...and did it! I have a blog all about my experience doing that, researching about natural sweeteners along the way.

My biggest piece of advice for you as you go without sugar, is to have a TON of healthy snacks available! Load up your kitchen with prepared fruits and veggies, drink a lot of tea, and buy sugar free jams so when your sweet tooth comes a'calling, you will be prepared.

Good luck with this!