Thursday, August 7, 2008






So the kids and I have spent a lot of time this summer at the beach. Monica loves to build sandcastles, collect rocks and sea shells to take baths with later and jump in the waves! Carter and I usually stay on the blanket on the sand but occasionally I will go play with Mo if Casey is with us. On one recent trip Monica got brave enough to go wading in the sound. She kept getting deeper and deeper and Casey and I were getting nervous. Sure enough a wave swept her off her feet and I had to go running in to get her. Jeans, sweater and all. But what did I find!? Monica is a natural swimmer and although she couldn't touch the bottom, she was able to doggie paddle and keep her head above water until I got there! Phew! needless to say, I have gone in the water with her ever since and found I had been missing out on some fun times with my baby girl!

No comments: